Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's all good...

I took Milton outside for his “break” and looked around.  It’s a nice evening with a gentle breeze and a colorful sunset.  I looked at the house that holds my family, where Ali is watching TV while (I’m certain) on the internet.  She is probably doing homework between Facebook check-ins, but that’s ok; as long as homework gets in there somewhere.  Kat drove the car she is helping to pay for to work, where she is being responsible and helpful (I assume).  Soon she will be home and hear that the college she has applied to is calling her back and she can begin to plan her future; a future without limits and without my constant observation.  Ali will soon be buying her class ring; Kat will be buying her senior pictures.  Where did that time go?  We have a dog and two cats with full stomachs, food in the refrigerator, lights, heat, and clothes for everyday and multiple occasions.  As my eyes start to feel tired, I'm reminded that work can be hard and tiring, but I will never take it for granted.  As Milton decided that he’s been out long enough and is wondering why I’m just standing there with a glazed look in my eye, I realized: I’m doing pretty damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment