Saturday, October 2, 2010

Stressed? Who Me?

I had the most unnerving experience last week; a hemiplegic migraine.  I had these when I was aout 12-14 years old, but it's been 22 years since my last event.  You can imagine my surprise when I lost feeling and use of the right half of my body along with slurring my words and confusion.  At first I assumed the worst-a stroke.  Then the headache came and I recalled my teenage history.  When I saw my primary MD the other day he asked me, "Have you considered decreasing your stress level?"  Hahaha good one.  Never thought of that (she says sarcastically).  So now I have Amitripyline to help me sleep, Xanax if I feel the migraine return, and a future of wearing a MedicAlert bracelet for the rest of my life, just so that I don't get accidentally anticoagulated for a stroke when I'm not really having one.
Oh, the good times.  As if there wasn't enough crap going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment