Sunday, October 24, 2010

I love gloomy fall days.

Yes, I do.  Gloomy fall days make me love my couch and my blankie.  What?  At 36 I can't have a blankie?  It goes so well with my Sock Monkey onesie.  If I don't let my inner child play she gets realllllly mad. 

My girls are both gone for the rest of the day; Kat's at work until close, and Ali is at a friend's house.  This gives me time for homework, painting my nails, and general lounging around.  It's funny, when the girls are gone it's when I think the most about their lives.  Kat is leaving for college in the summer to study graphic design.  Her art is so good that the senior class student council has chosen her to design this year's senior tshirt.  Good stuff, huh?  Ali starts the dance season tomorrow, but due to her bad ankle (thanks to my genetic sharing), she won't be dancing but has been okayed to manage the teams.  At least she gets to participate, and I think she will probably have even more fun this way.

It's amazing that when kids are little, we wait anxiously for milestones to come along.  When they get older, we wonder where all the time went.  Good thing I have my blankie to comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment