Friday, December 23, 2011

Well holy crap, I've totally forgotten that I have this tiny little blog.  I guess that my determination to post on a regular basis has proved pitiful.  Do I take this opportunity to tell myself that this will be my New Year's resolution; blog or else?  We'll see, but for now I'll just say that the goal of doing the best I can will have to do.

Christmas Eve is tomorrow, and despite the annual plummeting of my emotions into the despair that comes with the loss of family traditions, I find myself in an almost reflective state; I'm thinking about how fortunate I am to have what I do.  I have a healthy family, a home, a great job, great co-workers, and the ability to hold it all together on my own.  I have someone who began as a great friend and quickly became the love of my life.  Oh yeah, and I have a freaking awesome dog (if I forget him he gets offended).  Rather than dwell on what I don't have I choose to reflect on what I do have, which is a lot.  It's easy to fall into the "woe is me" attitude when things don't go our way or when we feel the world has given us the short end of the deal.  To people who spend their days lamenting about what they don't have, I challenge them to look at the positive.  We all have things that aren't ideal, but there is always someone who has it worse. 

So getting back to that goal of blogging, I'll take in under consideration.  For now, if anyone is listening, Merry Christmas (and watch out for that scary Santa)!




1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately you have discovered the first rule of the blogging world, life gets in the way of blogging. lol. I have met a lot of really great people through my blog though so I'll never give it up even if I only blog once that year.

    Merry Christmas to you too. Great attitude to have, if we'd just get out of this rut of comparing what we have to what others have we'd all be in a better place.

    ReplyDelete